How to convert DVD to VCD and burn it to CD-R with Nero
Convert DVD to VCD with Magic DVD Ripper
1. Launch Magic DVD Ripper and click the Convert tab.
2. Insert your DVD into your DVD-ROM drive.
3. Choose Audio and Subtitle if necessary.
4. Choose "Video CD (VCD/MPEG1)" from the Type dropdown list.
5. Choose appropriate Split mode if necessary.
6. Press the "Start" button to start ripping.
Burn .mpg file to CD-R disc with Nero
Launch Nero Express. Select your CD-R/RW drive from the "Which recorder would you like to use?" drop-down box. And then select Videos/Pictures > Video CD .
From this next window, click "Add" to add .mpg file.
This window will appear that looks very similar to Windows Explorer.
Select the .mpg file got from Magic DVD Ripper (For example, it's "F:\temp\HOLLOWMAN\VTS_01.mpg" in the illustration of Step 1) and click "Add". Then click "Finished" to close this window.
When you are ready, click "Next" to proceed to the next window to start the burn process.